Thursday, March 31, 2011

Support the Jacksons








Your comments, kind words, and support via facebook, phone, and email have meant the world to Josh & Kari. With Kari's condition still unstable the Jackson's will have the added expenses of lost time at work. As friends of Josh & Kari, we'd like to rally around them and offer support. Here are some ways you can help:


  • Send cards to The Jacksons, c/o Brooke Kind. 778 Santa Barbara St. Pasadena, CA 91101
  • Send restaurant or grocery store giftcards via the same address. The Jackson's try to eat healthy, organic foods. Giftcards to Whole Foods or Trader's Joes would be hugely helpful.
  • Take-out from the Jackson's favorite restaurants would be another great idea. You can visit any of the following restaurant's websites and purchase a gift card towards a dinner after Kari comes home from the hospital.
  1. http://www.daisymint.com/ 
  2. http://www.thekitchenpasadena.com/ 
  3. http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/Default.aspx 
  4. http://www.thehat.com/ 
  5. http://www.kokosmediterraneancafe.com/
  • Financial donations can be sent by check to the above address as well. Click here to donate OR use the Donate button at the top right of this page to donate securely with any major credit card via Paypal.
  • If you have any questions about ways you can serve and donate to the Jacksons feel free to contact Brooke Kind at dombek01@hotmail.com.

14 comments:

  1. Our hearts are broken for the Jackson's. Prayers are being said consistently for the entire family. Thank you for creating this blog, Kind's.

    Erik Timmons

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has just wrecked me! We will be praying for God to do a miracle for them. Thank you so much for all the updates.

    Tony and Joy Schiavone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since I first heard of Kari's fall. I have been holding this whole family up together and individually in constant prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all constantly... waiting to hear that Kari's kidneys have kicked in. Long distance love from your friends in South Dakota.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never met your beautiful family, but I am praying tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen Kari, since HS, but have fond memories of her. She is an amazing woman, I am so very sorry for her loss. My family will be praying for her ongoing. I will be praying for strength. As a mother, my heart is broken for her.

    love,
    Jen Billings-Schrempf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know your family, but I am utterly devastated for you. Praying so hard for Kari's recovery, and for peace and healing to come, eventually, for all of you. I am so, so sorry. As a mother, I can't even imagine what you're all going through.

    Jessica Craven

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kari,
    Like Jess C., I don't know your family, but my heart is heavy with your loss. Please know there are hundreds of mothers you've never met who are mourning with you and hoping for your timely recovery. We are out here, and we care- and we are all so very, very sorry.

    Sincerely,

    Jessi Wilcox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kari and Josh,

    I don't know your family either, but I wish you both all the strength and love and support possible. You are in the thoughts of many mothers and fathers throughout Los Angeles tonight, and we are all hoping that you will be to go home soon.

    Raphaelle & Mike Godwin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you every day. Praying for kidneys to start re-functioning and for healing of hearts. Many of my friends are praying for you too.

    Frances Lee
    (Jen Ng's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've been praying for Kari and Josh with tears since last Friday morning, and sharing their need at every opportunity. Kari needs to turn a corner for the better very soon. My heart goes out to you.
    Love and hope,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  12. As many people have said, I do not know your family... I pray that you will know, in your hearts, that there are so many people out here that are thinking about you and praying for you. I am heartbroken thinking about this terrible tragedy, but send love and hope for some peace and healing.

    Always,

    Yasmine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, light , prayers, meditations, strength surround your family by strangers and by loved ones alike. I don't know you , but we all ARE you. Something like this brings the preciousness of life crashing down in all of us. I am so very sorry for what you are going through. May the power and unity of prayer bring healing to your broken hearts. And may the hand of strength bring restoration and peace.
    With love,
    Paul , Alison and Rowan

    ReplyDelete
  14. We do not know each other but I heard what happened through the network of moms on boobybrigade. I am so sorry for your loss. I unfortunately can relate because I loss my first son at 25-1/2 weeks after a placenta abruption. There is an amazing Los Angeles support group through the MISS Foundation that I would like to share with you when you are ready: http://www.misschildren.org
    They were my lifeline. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this unbelievably challenging time.

    ReplyDelete